We kindly invite school/teacher librarians, researchers in the field of school librarianship, educators, teachers, principals, school administrators, educational technologists, and all interested in the field of education, libraries, or (media and information) literacy to submit a proposal for a paper (research or best practice) or poster linked to our general theme and / or one of the subthemes of “Learning Without Borders”:
- School library programs transcend the four walls
- School library programs cross school borders
- School library resources cross media
- School library instruction crosses curricula and literacies
- School library programs serve all students
- Learning occurs anywhere, any time
Proposals should provide the following information:
- Presenter/s name, affiliation, contact information
- Brief biographical information of presenters
- Proposal title and 25-30 word description for program
- 300 word abstract describing the research and/or best practice
- Copyright and plagiarism statement (e.g., “I affirm that my work is original and has not been published.”)
- Language of presentation (we can probably accommodate English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Arabic)
- Designation as to proposal type: research, practice
Abstracts will be selected by a double, blind-review process. Papers will be published in the IASL website’s conference proceedings.
Email abstracts to IASLconf2017@gmail.com by January 15, 2017.
- First Call For Proposals: September 1, 2016
- Closing date for proposals (will get preferential treatment): January 15, 2017
- Authors informed: February 28, 2017
- Later deadline for proposals: March 1, 2017
- Authors informed : April 1, 2017
- Full papers due: May 15, 2017
The primary speaker of accepted papers may attend one IASL pre-conference workshop for free. All other expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters.