Getting to Long Beach and the conference site is easy.
Ready to travel to the conference? Make sure you have your passport (and visa as needed) in hand. For guidance, see https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html
(NOTE: Prices may change closer to the conference)
Where’s CSULB and how do you get there? See http://web.csulb.edu/about/community/transportation.html
Three Major Airports:
- LAX (Los Angeles) serves 67 airlines; 25 miles to CSULB
- LGB (Long Beach) serves 8 airlines (domestic only); 4 miles to CSULB
- SNA (Santa Ana/Orange Country) serves 8 airlines; 19 miles to CSULB
Transport from the airport and their average fee to CSULB:
- Taxi $50 LAX; $20 LGB; $55 SNA
- Shuttle $35 LAX; $20 LGB; $40 SNA (https://www.airportshuttles.com/losangeles.php)
- Uber (https://get/.uber.com/sign-up) Lyft (https://blog.lyft.com/posts/2016/9/12/now-live-scheduled-rides?rq=scheduled%20rides)
Once you arrive in Long Beach, take advantage of the city’s public transportation services available both on land and water! The Passport Shuttle offers service to major Long Beach attractions and is free throughout several stops in the downtown cultural spots; you can take a bus from CSULB to get to this downtown service (only $1.20). Once downtown, you can also hail water taxis, the Aquabus and the Aqualink, with services between the Queen Mary and Alamitos Bay Landing. All shuttles and water taxis are bicycle friendly.
And there’s so much to see on your own (as well as the conference-arranged tours):
CSULB Map: http://daf.csulb.edu/maps/parking/index.html
- $75.00 (by April 1) Double Occupancy, Room and 3 Meals (per person, per night); shared bathroom
- $100.00 (by April 1) Single Occupancy, Room and 3 Meals (per person, per night); shared bathroom
Dorm rooms for individuals with special needs (e.g., mobility) are available upon request.
Know that you can book yourself in a hotel nearby: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/students/housing/hotels.htm Several of the hotels are on the local bus line; this map shows the location of most hotels and the public transportation means to the conference (X). You may want to rent a car to get around the area; there’s SO MUCH to see and do!