Getting to Long Beach and the conference site is easy.
Ready to travel to the conference? Make sure you have your passport (and visa as needed) in hand. For guidance, see https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html
(NOTE: Prices may change closer to the conference)
Where’s CSULB and how do you get there? See http://web.csulb.edu/depts/cie/directio.html, http://web.csulb.edu/about/community/transportation.html and housing area map:
Three Major Airports:
- LAX (Los Angeles) serves 67 airlines; 25 miles to CSULB
- LGB (Long Beach) serves 8 airlines (domestic only); 4 miles to CSULB
- SNA (Santa Ana/Orange Country) serves 8 airlines; 19 miles to CSULB
Transport from the airport and their average fee to CSULB:
- Taxi $50 LAX; $15 LGB; $55 SNA
- Shuttle $35 LAX; $20 LGB; $40 SNA (https://www.airportshuttles.com/losangeles.php)
- Uber (https://get/.uber.com/sign-up) Lyft (https://blog.lyft.com/posts/2016/9/12/now-live-scheduled-rides?rq=scheduled%20rides)
- AND here is local bus info about services to CSULB (there’s even a direct bus from CSULB to Disneyland): http://www.csulb.edu/parking-and-transportation-services/bus
Once you arrive in Long Beach, take advantage of the city’s public transportation services available both on land and water! The Passport Shuttle offers service to major Long Beach attractions and is free throughout several stops in the downtown cultural spots; you can take a bus from CSULB to get to this downtown service (only $1.20, and cheaper if you are 62+ years old). Once downtown, you can also hail water taxis, the Aquabus and the Aqualink, with services between the Queen Mary and Alamitos Bay Landing. All shuttles and water taxis are bicycle friendly.
And there’s so much to see on your own (as well as the conference-arranged tours):
CSULB is a lovely campus with many conveniences. CSULB Map: http://daf.csulb.edu/maps/parking/index.html Housing will be at the International House (5854 Beach Drive) and Residential Hall C (overflow across the street). On the campus map it is marked as IH, on the west side of campus.
- $170.00 ($85 per person) Double Occupancy, Room and 3 Meals (per person each day); shared bathroom (1 or 2 other rooms)
- $110.00 Single Occupancy, Room and 3 Meals (per person, per night); shared bathroom
Register at the same URL as the rest of the conference. You can request special needs at that point.
Know that you can book yourself in a hotel nearby: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/students/housing/hotels.htm Some of the hotels have CSULB conference rate discounts, so be sure to mention that when you book. Several of the hotels are on the local bus line; this map shows the location of most hotels and the public transportation means to the conference (X). You may want to rent a car to get around the area; there’s SO MUCH to see and do!